So you want to be a lifeguard?
We think there are loads of great reasons why you’d want to become a lifeguard and we guess you must think it’s a pretty good idea too!
Reasons why we think you’d love it…
- First and foremost you are providing an amazing public service. You will without a doubt make people feel confident, happier and safer just by being on the poolside and you could potentially save a life.
- Being a lifeguard offers a fantastic foundation to a career in the leisure industry. Many senior managers began their rise to leisure stardom by lifeguarding at their local pools.
- The opportunity to get fit. Not only will you have to have a basic level of fitness to become a lifeguard but you will be encouraged to stay fit and get fitter.
- You get to work with a team of young like minded people, so there’s plenty of opportunity to increase your social circle!
- If you’re a competitive type there is plenty of opportunity to show off your lifeguarding talents in events like the National Pool Lifeguard Championships (team event) and the Lifeguard Triathlon.
- Lastly, but still very importantly, you will gain a life skill that will come in handy for the rest of your life.
Pre-requisite and Competency Test for the National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ)
Every candidate, prior to commencement of training for the NPLQ must:
If you are competent at all the above elements then contact a site and put your name on the waiting list for a course leading towards the NPLQ.